11 Beauty Products That Also Protect Your Skin from the Sun
July 5, 2018
The most important part of your beauty routine is protecting your skin. But for many of us, we still can’t remember to apply sunscreen between all the serums, moisturizers, creams, and makeup we put on our face every day. Turns out, though, that our mothers were right to remind us to wear sunscreen, because harmful UV rays, pollution, and free radicals can affect your skin by damaging its natural texture, tone, and elasticity. Rather than adding an *another* step to your daily regimen, why not add sunscreen to a product you’re already using? There are so many beauty products from foundations to lip balms and eyeshadows that include the SPF we all desperately need. Before you step out into the sun, remember to do your safe skincare routine.
1. Murad City Skin Age Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 PA++++ ($65): Not all sunscreens will leave behind that chalky, white residue. Murad created an ultra-light version that gives you amazing sun protection and is also slightly tinted to even out your skin tone. It makes a great summertime primer too.
2. Origins A Perfect World SPF 20 Age-Defense Eye Cream ($39): The thin, delicate skin around your eyes needs special attention, and it rarely gets a dousing of sunscreen on a regular basis. This cream plus a cool pair of sunnies will keep your eyes bright all season.
3. bareMinerals 5-in-1 Cream Eyeshadow Broad Spectrum SPF 15 ($19): Even if your skincare regimen is a little lacking, you can still use your makeup as your line of defense. These pretty cream eyeshadows will keep your eyes vibrant, moisturized, and safe from the sun.
4. bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF 15 ($29): Liquid foundations can be a bummer in summer. If you want lighter coverage with the same UV protection, a mineral powder infused with SPF is the secret to flawless skin.
5. bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF 15 ($29): Liquid foundations can be a bummer in summer. If you want lighter coverage with the same UV protection, a mineral powder infused with SPF is the secret to flawless skin.
6. bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF 15 ($29): Liquid foundations can be a bummer in summer. If you want lighter coverage with the same UV protection, a mineral powder infused with SPF is the secret to flawless skin.
7. AMOREPACIFIC Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ ($60):Already on-the-go and forgot your sunscreen? With this convenient compact, there’s no need to panic. Simply blot the light coverage foundation on your face and soak up the rays.
8. Pixi Skintreats Sun Mist ($18): A cooling face mist is a must-have when temperatures rise. Your skin will love the refreshing spritz of moisture, plus the extra dose of defense throughout the day.
9. COOLA Makeup Setting Spray SPF 30 ($36): Your makeup routine doesn’t end when you’re done applying. You can lock down your makeup *and* get superior SPF coverage with this 70 percent organic spray.
10. Supergoop! AcaiFusion Lip Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($10): You’ve spent all this time shielding your eyes and face, but it’s also important to remember your lips. Fragile skin on your lips is especially susceptible to damage, which can lead to painful chapping.
11. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 ($24): Not only can you guard your lips from harmful rays, but you can look cute AF doing it too. Swipe on your favorite shade of this balm for a flush of color and UV protection.
Article originally posted on Brit+Co