Best SPF – Sunscreen Review
May 17, 2016
Sunscreen Review! Did you know that sunscreen application is essentially pointless if not reapplied every two hours? Even conscious sunscreen wearers can often make risky sun mistakes without realizing it. Read Sunscreen Review:
- Hair – the sun and heat can fry your hair, and if it’s color-treated, the sun can also change the hue of your hair. Use a product with UV protection to prevent your hair from becoming dry and off-color.
- Eyes – according to The Skin Cancer Foundation, exposure to sun can contribute to “vision loss and conditions from cataracts and macular degeneration to eye and eyelid cancers.” Combat those potential problems by wearing eye creams with SPF as well as sunglasses with UV protection.
- Lips – the skin on your lips is so thin that it burns very easily. Over time, sunburned lips can result in wrinkles and loss of collagen. Fortunately, there are a number of lip balms on the market that include SPF and can even be worn over your favorite lip colors.
- Face – if you’re not already applying sunscreen everyday on your face, start now. It prevents skin cancer and signs of aging and is an easy way to invest in your long-term glowing complexion. There are many non greasy formulas that act both as a sunscreen and a primer, creating a smooth and protective base for your makeup.
- Over Makeup – as the day goes on, you can reapply sunscreen with a powder formula that goes over your makeup without smearing it like a lotion would.
- Hands – you know all of those gel manis you’ve been getting? The UV lamp used during your manicure uses the same UV rays that damage your skin, and your hands are one of the first places to show signs of aging. Make sure you lather your hands in SPF before putting them under that lamp.
- Nails – the sun can have a fading effect on the color of your nail polish. To keep your nails as vibrant as when they were first painted, use a UV topcoat.
- Body – it is recommended that everyone wear at least SPF 15 daily and SPF 30 if you’re going to be exposed to sun for an extended period of time. You should be using two tablespoons for your entire body and reapplying every two hours.
Products we love – Best SPF Sunscreen Review:
Bamboo Beach BB Beach Balm for Hair by ALTERNA Haircare
Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen Brush SPF 30 for daily use by colorescience
kur UV-Protective Top Coat by LONDONTOWN
Rich Girl broad spectrum SPF 25 hand cream by Deborah Lippmann
Shine On Lip Screen SPF 50 with grape polyphenols by Supergoop!
Article originally posted on Refinery29.com